The Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters form the operating management of the Troop. They actively participate in weekly Troop meetings and monthly outings. They are expected to complete the formal Scoutmaster Specific Training Course (conducted by the Council) within one year of taking the position. They also participate in other formal and informal Leader Training Programs.
Their duties include:
- Act as coaches, counselors, and advisors to the Troop Junior Leaders.
- Conduct semi-annual Junior Leader Training for elected and appointed boy leaders.
- Supervise the Troop programs at a Troop and Patrol level, including high adventure activities.
- Go camping with the Scouts.
- Ensure scout training is conducted.
- Discipline the Scouts.